If you engage Kaplan Law Office to represent you:
- As a solo practitioner I will deal with your matter personally, not assign it to a junior attorney as may often be the case with larger firms. And since I do not carry the large overhead costs associated with large firms, I am able to pass on the savings to you through reasonable billing rates, which are always agreed with you in writing beforehand.
- I will listen to you carefully and with undivided attention to gain an understanding of your business, your goals, and your particular objectives and concerns relating to the matter at hand.
- I will bring to bear my extensive experience as a U.S. and international business attorney in negotiating and completing a wide array of transactions, both in the U.S. and with counterparties in many foreign countries, ranging from relatively straightforward business contracts to complex or “high value” transactions such as joint ventures, corporate acquisitions and divestitures, distribution agreements, and business financings.
- I will also draw upon my own practical business experience gained firsthand as vice president and general counsel for large international companies, and as an entrepreneur and owner-investor in co-founding a start-up technology company which raised $12 million in start up capital through a private placement on the London market.
- I will work closely with you, other members of your executive team, and with your other professional advisors as appropriate to anticipate and avoid problem areas and unnecessary complications, and to devise practical solutions for getting the job done.
- In advising you I will avoid “legalese” and be clear, concise and to the point, which will also be hallmarks of the agreements and other documents I prepare.
- I will negotiate on your behalf not only as your zealous advocate but also as a problem solver. If a transaction appears to be at risk because of an impasse in negotiations with the other side, I will seek win-win solutions to help you close the deal.
- I will adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards in striving to protect your interests and advance your business.
Let me help you move your business forward by calling 858-259-8835 or by contacting me on-line